Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wollongong Friday Markets and Good Friday brunch

Every Friday the Wollongong mall is taken over with a market. Everyone rushes out of the building at lunchtime to go shopping. I like to wander around the stalls and see the regulars and what's new. The weather was truly dismal all summer so the autumn sunshine makes the market even more special.

The Friday market was cleverly held on Thursday this week to get in before the Easter long weekend.

I took my camera with me to have a play and see if I could get some pretty snaps.



 I bought up big this time: potted herbs, vegetables, bread and more. I headed back to work with arms laden with (re-usable) shopping bags.




 Aydin and Danny from Razerback olive farm - makers of the best olive oil, haloumi and baklava. I stocked up on stuffed olives, haloumi and fresh figs.

An intergalactic visitor?
 I bought a piece of rainbow onyx to help become master of my own fate and a hematite chip bracelet for a friend who is studying from this easter bunny.
 Easter Friday brunch consisted of sourdough baguette, grilled haloumi, olives and poached eggs fresh from the coop. We'll be enjoying market delights all weekend. Will keep you posted.

Enjoy your Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...