A mid week flex day is a wonderful luxury - I wish I could drop to 4 days work and make this permanent. The bonus was that despite yesterday being a wet, dreary day, today was clear and fresh. A perfect late autumn day. So I spent it in the garden.
Last weekend I planted two beds full of garlic. Today I planted some winter vegetables.
In this area of New South Wales, Australia we plant the following seeds in May:
June is the same.
When I topped up all the garden beds with compost last weekend I covered them in lucerne mulch. Now its easy enough to poke seedlings down through mulch. Seedlings don't always germinate and push up through all those layers however.
This is the solution I came up, I pushed the mulch back to provide a barrier between different seeds, it will still keep the moisture in.
- Planting beetroot you need to soak them first
- How to transplant onions the easy waay
- Vegetable gardening on a clear autumn day under th...
- Mushroom foraging and a 50s experience
- Planting garlic
- Last kayak until next Spring as Winter settles in,...
- My first mandarin growing quietly in the garden
- High fibre, gluten free, delicious granola
- ▼ May (8)
- ► 2014 (57)
- ► 2013 (91)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (68)