I get home late tonight so dinner is all prepped and just needs to go in the oven. I am excited about this dinner: spinach and quinoa bake as its almost all harvested from my garden.
It contains spinahc, silverbeet and mustard greens, garlic, onions, leek, dill, fresh asparagus and an egg.
The only bought ingredients are butter, milk, quinoa and the cheese topping.
I sauteed the greens, onion and herbs lightly in a little butter, which I mixed together with cooked quinoa, an egg and a dash of milk. Pressed into a lightly gerased baking dish, topped with asparagus spears and cheese.
It should be golden brown and bubbly on top when I walk in the door. A little home preserved peach relish on the side and dinner is ready to eat.
I'll let you know how it goes.
- ► 2014 (57)
- Getting home late today - homespun dinner is all p...
- A homespun day working in the vegetable garden
- Delightful photos from the Bundanoon Garden Ramble...
- Swapping seedlings at work
- Need help interpreting clouds
- Cheeky chicken now calls our verandah home
- Stunning spinebill in Robertson garden
- Robertson open gardens Spring 2013 - the vegetable...
- Great news I'm running soap making classes this No...
- ▼ October (9)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (68)