Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kangaloon photos

I drove through Kangaloon a few times this weekend as the main road to Bowral from Robertson was closed for road works. Kangaloon and East Kangaloon are small localities in some of the greenest, most picturesque scenery you can imagine.

There are farms, cottages, big estates with horses and dry stone walls, a little school and a tin shed masquerading as a hall.  There must have once been a very God fearing population as there are three churches. Two are now private homes, the other still a church but not often in use.  There are still two tiny cemeteries in place.

I thought I'd post some photos I took a few months back.  I was mostly exploring the texture of the stone and iron in these shots.








2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...