Friday, April 22, 2011

More op shopping fun

We hit the op shops this week. We started with the recycling shop at the Moss Vale tip, my favourite of the op shops. I bought two more little tables to mosaic, a vintage sleeping jacket, doilies. My Mum got magazines and some great clothes.

 
Next we headed off to a couple of Vinnies in Moss Vale and later Bowral. Here we picked up more exciting finds. Mum and I both bought some lovely winter scarves: a  vibrant blue and orange one for me, and a purple, orange and black silk velvet shawl for Mum.


Mum is starting a collection of ginger jars. The larger one appears to be very old.

More embroidered cloths, some buttons and a buckle that intrigued me - is it old or new?


Teatowels.



We stopped for a look around Made by Others in Moss Vale and treated ourselves to a chai and hot chocolate.  This art and design store features lovely bags, jewellery, art and quirky things. Very Frankie.


I love this tray. The wallpaper roses are very retro.

Mum picked up a bright and chirpy table cloth.

We had a great time out. Literally shopped until we dropped. It was such a major shopping spree yet everything came from second hand stores so I don't need to feel guilty. Quite the opposite actually as most of it will be upcycled.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...