Monday, October 17, 2011

Quotes for DarlingBridget embroidery project

I have sent out a call for friends to send me in their favourite quotes.

I am about to start creating some art featuring vintage doilies and famous inspiring or funny quotes. I think they'll be lovely (hope) and will share as I make them.

The quotes are coming in so I thought I would share them with you and ask for your feedback.


Four and twenty blackbirds...
Interestingly some themes have emerged: courage and love. Also two different people have sent me Judy Garland quotes. Sounds like synchronicity to me.

Courage
"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar” Raymond Lindquist
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try tomorrow.” Mary Anne Radmacher
"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." AA Milne Christopher Robin to Pooh
Love
'love me when I least deserve it because that is when I need it most...'
"I used to read fairytales... but now I have you"
For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
Judy Garland

More quotes are welcome, always.

What do you think of these?

2 comments:

  1. Love the Judy Garland one, I've never heard that before. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quotes compilation. I have collected many quotes from you. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...