Saturday, March 8, 2014
Happy chooks in a clean coop today
There is still plenty of rain lurking around but it has not actually been raining today so I took the opportunity to give the coop a good clean out. Firstly the nesting boxes and perches have been cleaned out. I sprayed everything down with eucalyptus oil. Kate and Scully have clean, dry paper and scattered herbs to keep away lice. Today's selection is lemon balm, rosemary, common mint and lavender.
The rest of the coop has been cleaned out and covered in dry sawdust. I even scrubbed their water bottle, it gets a bit green after a while.
I have hung up a selection of green pick for the girls. Today its silverbeet, comfrey and sage. Aren't they lucky girls?
I stirred in some scratch mix also. This will keep them busy for quite some time.
- Autumn harvest dinner: spinach roulade recipe
- Sunday chores in the garden
- Baking artichokes from my garden autumn harvest, o...
- March wherever you are, north or south, is a month...
- Soup weather: potato and kale from the garden
- Penfriends are great
- Sundowners what a civilised notion after a hard da...
- New home for my vintage plant stand
- How to use tea bags: to think I used to just throw...
- Artichokes: a new addition to my vegetable garden
- Unknown fungi in my garden: can anyone identify it...
- Happy chooks in a clean coop today
- Zucchini flowers deep fried in tempura batter
- Re-carpeting a cat scratching post
- Exploring the Southern Highlands Mushroom tunnel w...
- Dust bathing
- Growing oyster mushrooms in a bucket
- The first day of autumn and a big wet arrive the s...
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2013 (91)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (68)