Last year I signed up for a pen friend through a promotion being run by the craft revival blog. I was paired with a lovely American girl called Jacquie.
We have been writing back and forth since May getting to know one another chatting about the different words we use to describe the same things.
This weekend I got a huge parcel from Jacquie and I wanted to show you all the lovely things she sent me.
Jacquie hand embroidered this dapper bird for me - he's going on my desk at work. The mug is going there too. Can't have too many giant smiles at work. I haven't tried any of the candy yet - that's all a bit exciting. How cute is that cookie cutter - to be honest I'm not great at rolling out dough but I'll have to perfect it now. A sparkly pen to write more letters with. The Jacob journal is fantastic. They have kept some of the original story pages and added in plain un-ruled acid free paper in between. Its so awesome I have gone online and ordered some more as gifts, for myself and others. This one I am using to keep Jacquie's letters.
Do you have a pen friend? Happy to hear your pen friend adventures here. And tips for rolling out cookie dough appreciated too.
- Autumn harvest dinner: spinach roulade recipe
- Sunday chores in the garden
- Baking artichokes from my garden autumn harvest, o...
- March wherever you are, north or south, is a month...
- Soup weather: potato and kale from the garden
- Penfriends are great
- Sundowners what a civilised notion after a hard da...
- New home for my vintage plant stand
- How to use tea bags: to think I used to just throw...
- Artichokes: a new addition to my vegetable garden
- Unknown fungi in my garden: can anyone identify it...
- Happy chooks in a clean coop today
- Zucchini flowers deep fried in tempura batter
- Re-carpeting a cat scratching post
- Exploring the Southern Highlands Mushroom tunnel w...
- Dust bathing
- Growing oyster mushrooms in a bucket
- The first day of autumn and a big wet arrive the s...
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2013 (91)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (68)