Monday, August 6, 2012

Gluten free fritter recipe

Today I suddenly remembered a recipe I haven't made for a long time. The memory was sparked by a conversation with a friend about gluten free living.

This is super simple, super yummy.  A quick recipe with very few ingredients. I do not need t eat gluten free as it doesn't have any adverse effect on me.  I do believe however in variety and not overdoing wheat.  I currently have wheat, spelt, rye, buckwheat and besan flour.  Quinoa (pronounded keenwa) flour is good too.

I ate four of these cottage cheese fritters for dinner and have plenty of left overs for tomorrow.  This fritter recipe will work equally well for breakfast, lunch or a light dinner.

Cottage cheese fritters with green salad from my garden

Cottage Cheese Fritters

Makes about 14


Ingredients
Vermicelli rice noodles, 1 block cooked
cottage cheese, 250g tub
1 egg
1 tablespoon gluten free flour: buckwheat or besan (chickpea) flour
finely chopped shallots or celery

Method
Drain vermicelli and mix with all other ingredients.  Stir heaped tablespoons onto a hot, lightly oiled fry pan.  Turn when underside is browned.  Continue to cook until firm and both sides are brown.

Feel free to add herbs or spices to taste. Personally I prefer to keep them simple, relying on the shallots or celery for flavour. They are light and cheesy.

I do hope you enjoy this recipe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...