Ages ago I found a crumpet recipe and though wow, I have to try that. I had visions of hot, fresh crumpets for breakfast. I thought I could experiment with lours and delight friends with old favourites turned gluten free.
Sadly I was not happy with my efforts. They take hours to make. You leave the batter to foam, then pour into egg rings on a hot, greased pan. No matter what I tried they stuck to the rings. I'm very sorry to say the results didn't seem worth the effort. Not when crepes and pancakes are quick and easy. My bread is improving all the time. Crumpets can go on the low priority list.
If anyone out there has mastered them and has any tips to share, I'll reconsider.
- 5 weeks break - cooking crumpets was not a success...
- 5 weeks break - learning to crochet
- 5 weeks break - stumpwork embroidery cufflinks
- 5 weeks break - pine mushroom schnitzels
- 5 weeks break - Curry pasties
- 5 weeks break - Day 17 exploring Macquarie Rivulet...
- 5 weeks break - baking potato bread
- 5 weeks break - Day 16 mushroom foraging
- 5 weeks break - day 15 Harper's Mansion, Berrima
- 5 week break - Day 14 cultivating oyster mushrooms...
- 5 weeks break - Making soap
- 5 weeks leave - Day 12 the weather has turned cold...
- 5 weeks break - Day 10 rainy day tasks
- 5 week break - Days 9 and 10 Mulching garden waste...
- 5 week break - Day 8 Burrawang Easter Market
- 5 weeks break - Day 7 cooking homemade potato chip...
- 5 weeks break - Day 6 driving home
- 5 weeks holiday from work - Days 3-5 a trip to the...
- ▼ April (18)
- ► 2014 (57)
- ► 2013 (91)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (68)