Ah I have not done any craft for ages. I recently saw a design for a sweet little crochet flower made with a button centre. I have made a few granny squares in my day but I'm no expert in crochet. And of course I had set myself a challenge by choosing a project that didn't come with a pattern. Oops.
My friend Kate came to the rescue. She is so clever, she looked at the photo and made a lovely little flower, then taught me how to do it.
Its a perfect activity for these wet days when I am sitting in front of the fire to keep warm and dry. I will be a great activity to keep my fingers busy during the winter nights.
I've had a great time rummaging through my vintage button collection for buttons with four holes of a suitable size. Even with the smallest crochet needle I could find its a tight squeeze to stitch in and out.
These will be turned into long garland necklaces.
- 5 weeks break - cooking crumpets was not a success...
- 5 weeks break - learning to crochet
- 5 weeks break - stumpwork embroidery cufflinks
- 5 weeks break - pine mushroom schnitzels
- 5 weeks break - Curry pasties
- 5 weeks break - Day 17 exploring Macquarie Rivulet...
- 5 weeks break - baking potato bread
- 5 weeks break - Day 16 mushroom foraging
- 5 weeks break - day 15 Harper's Mansion, Berrima
- 5 week break - Day 14 cultivating oyster mushrooms...
- 5 weeks break - Making soap
- 5 weeks leave - Day 12 the weather has turned cold...
- 5 weeks break - Day 10 rainy day tasks
- 5 week break - Days 9 and 10 Mulching garden waste...
- 5 week break - Day 8 Burrawang Easter Market
- 5 weeks break - Day 7 cooking homemade potato chip...
- 5 weeks break - Day 6 driving home
- 5 weeks holiday from work - Days 3-5 a trip to the...
- ▼ April (18)
- ► 2014 (57)
- ► 2013 (91)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (68)