Thursday, April 2, 2015

5 weeks break - Day 6 driving home








Day 6 driving home and exploring the South Coast of New South Wales
My theme for 2015 is Discovery and whilst that has all sorts of wonderful philosophical meanings it has one very simple explanation - go discover new places.  I spent my trip home visiting some of the lovely little towns along the drive and found some treasures.

First stop Bermagui. 

Displaying IMG_2152.jpg
Strangers in Paradise vintage store.
Mister Jones is a very sweet little coffee shop.



































 
Bermagui is famous as a fishing village.

 
Stop 2 Central Tilba

Central Tilba is a gorgeous little heritage village full of charming shops, interesting characters and the famous South Coast Cheese Factory.  Tilba is picture perfect. And the cheese is seriously good if you like vintage cheddar with some bite. Yum.

Stop 3 Mollymook Beach

Mollymook is off the highway from Milton and Ulladulla and I've never taken the time to divert down there. I'm glad I did today, its a lovely beach.


There's nothing much there but the Beach Hut make the BEST hot chips. I could see myself having a relaxing few days at Mollymook.
















 
Stop 4 Milton

Milton is a lovely little village set high on a hill just north of Ulladulla, NSW. Milton has a lovely feel of community despite the busy southern highway blasting through, full of cafes, antiques and home wares shops. Today I stopped at the bakery for the first time and bought sourdough to go with my Tilba cheese and some hot cross buns. 

Displaying IMG_2187.jpg


Stop 5 Home! 

I do like exploring and there are so many lovely places a stones throw for home, hmm I must get out more often and see what wonderful places I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive