Following on from my workshop with Jill Cockram last weekend I have been gaining confidence in chicken husbandry. Thanks to Cath Blakely and Shellharbour Council for the opportunity to attend the workshop.
I have been hanging up green pick. Today I gave them nasturtiums.
They have a bowl (actually a small tomato punnet) of shell grit. I am thinking a clip on budgie feeder might be the best way for the shell grit or they'll knock it over.
And to make them lovely smelling chookies their nesting box and house is strewn with lavender! LOL. Actually it is to keep away lice.
Its all so easy. I'm enjoying trying out new ways to keep them happy and healthy.
- ► 2014 (57)
- ► 2013 (91)
- Sunday gardening chores are done too
- Saturday morning chores are done
- Growing seedlings in peat pots
- A big pile of dirt
- New things for my chickens
- Winter garden update - asparagus crowns and more
- Homemade muesli: gluten free variation
- Creating a new rockery in my vegetable patch
- A winter weekend of gardening
- ▼ July (9)
- ► 2011 (68)