I've really been connecting with the soil lately and loving in. I wonder how I ever let life get so busy that I forget how important it is.
To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.
~ Mahatma Gandhi
I am doing lots of weeding in the vegie patch. I have beds but also some open areas. Its the open areas I am concentrating on. I have weeded and mulched with mushroom compost and lucerne. I have added new paths through these areas too. Today Howard helped me by whipper snippering. It makes such a difference and makes it all feel a whole lot less hopeless.
The first area will be my berry patch. I have plants that I ordered from The Diggers Club. Lots of different varieties of berries. I am very excited and also very nervous that they will fail. Well, I can but do my best.
The other will be a pumpkin patch.
I planted out some white onion seedlings today too.
So in total I have celery, beetroot, garlic, cauliflower, onions and strawberries in my winter garden.
How does your garden grow?
- ► 2014 (57)
- ► 2013 (91)
- Sunday gardening chores are done too
- Saturday morning chores are done
- Growing seedlings in peat pots
- A big pile of dirt
- New things for my chickens
- Winter garden update - asparagus crowns and more
- Homemade muesli: gluten free variation
- Creating a new rockery in my vegetable patch
- A winter weekend of gardening
- ▼ July (9)
- ► 2011 (68)