Last week during my days away I bought myself the most darling lunch box. A lunch box for grown ups is quite hard to find. I couldn't resist this.
I like to pack my own lunch. I don't always of course. Sometimes I go for weeks without taking my lunch but by then I get antsy to get back on track. I am passionate about home cooked food. I also work full time so need to be pragmatic and accept defeat at times.
The only real way I have found to succeed is to cook ahead of times. Its great to cook up a storm every few weekends and fill the freezer and fridge.
I have been busy the last two weekends so its all looking pretty bare...
Tonight I am starting to get back on track.
I have set the bread machine to have a loaf ready at 6.30 tomorrow morning.
I have made muesli/granola for the first time. It is full of oats, pecans, dates, sultanas. I'll share the instructions once I've given it a try. Hopefully it tastes good - it was very easy to make.
I have also started making my own yoghurt - this is not going to be ready to eat until Wednesday. It takes a while but its worth it.
As long as I fill my new lunch box with healthy, filling foods I will be able to resist the urge to buy sweets. It will save me money and I'll be able to suit my own tastes and be healthy.
I am trying particularly hard to avoid pre-packaged foods at the moment. I prefer fresh, whole foods and to know what is in the food I eat. Not that I don't get slack, or indulge in fun foods too. This is my ideal and I go through both active and slack stages.
Do you pack your own lunch? If so, why? Thrift, health or both? What ever you eat, enjoy your lunch tomorrow.
- ► 2014 (57)
- ► 2013 (91)
- Big drama in the hen house
- Packing lunch - a great way to save money and eat ...
- A few days away: big city, beach and country studi...
- Adventures in bread making 2 - tricks with dough
- A few quick vignettes from my weekend
- 5 things Wednesday - 5 frosty photos
- Adventures in bread making 1 - new bread machine
- Bird's nest find
- 5 things Wednesday - keeping a visual journal
- Welcome to new blog links
- Souffle stuffed mushrooms
- Gardening jobs 3 - the vegie patch
- Gardening jobs 2 - The compost bin
- Gardening jobs 1 - Worm farming
- 5 things Wednesday -Beautiful Southern Highlands A...
- ▼ May (15)
- ► 2011 (68)