Saturday, July 27, 2013

Planting dwarf apple trees reminiscent of Monet's garden

Our front garden is inspired by our trip to Monet's garden in Giverny, France.  While I could never claim a garden as wonderful as that our garden is pretty in a cottagy sort of way with flowers in shades of blue.


One of the things I loved in Monet's garden, and there were lots of things I loved, were the espaliered apple trees.


Ever since then I have wanted to plant apples in the same way, well today we did it. I bought two dwarf apple trees, one is a Jonathan and the other a Gala.  Both crisp red apples. I can't wait for Spring to see them come into blossoms and leaves.  Woebetide anything that causes the blossoms to fall early and reduce my chance of apples ;)
Not quite Monet style yet.  Well it needs to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...