Tourists in our own town again today.
We walked down to Grand Fountaindale Manor for the last day of their Christmas in July celebration.
People from the northern hemisphere usually think its a very strange thing, decorating big hotels in full Christmas regalia in July. But its winter here now. Our summers are hot, hot, hot. You don't want egg nog and mulled wine and pudding when its 40 degrees and you run electric fans outside. But its perfect in July.
We enjoyed Devonshire tea in front of a fire listening to old carols.
- ► 2014 (57)
- Christmas in July at Grand Fountaindale Manor, Rob...
- Planting dwarf apple trees reminiscent of Monet's ...
- The steam train visited Robertson today
- How do winter mornings surprise with their bare br...
- Vintage update to cheap cardigan
- Weary to my bones tonight
- Gardening with an audience
- Graduation at last
- Harvest time and hearty winter soups
- ▼ July (9)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (68)