Last week I bought a cheap cardigan. Its soft and comfy and a gorgeous shade of blue. Just the thing to throw over basic black work attire.
This morning I wore it for the first time. On the way to work I folded back the sleeves to a comfortable length. Oops, I noticed a small fault on the sleeve. A pucker and bleach spot.
Not to worry its fixed. A couple of sparkly vintage buttons and no one will ever notice. One on each cuff - now they are permanently cuffed but the length is just right. I replaced the top button to make sure the cuffs tied in. And besides, now its really mine! It feels less mass produced, less cheap and no one else has one the same. Simple and one of my favourite fixes.
- ► 2014 (57)
- Christmas in July at Grand Fountaindale Manor, Rob...
- Planting dwarf apple trees reminiscent of Monet's ...
- The steam train visited Robertson today
- How do winter mornings surprise with their bare br...
- Vintage update to cheap cardigan
- Weary to my bones tonight
- Gardening with an audience
- Graduation at last
- Harvest time and hearty winter soups
- ▼ July (9)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (68)