I found yet another, stunning bird's nest this week.
It was lying to the side of the road when I walked the dogs. It looked like a clump of cut, dried grass. It caught my eye for some reason and I wondered. I almost kept going, but I felt drawn to check.
Oh, it is so delicate. Just cut, dried grass wound around and around.
It is delicate and divine.
Somewhere along the line I have developed a knack for finding them. I think this makes 7 or 8. I would like to display them one day. I have a glass case with tiny turned timber pedestals in mind. In the meantime they are in plastic boxes to keep them safe.
Here's a link, and another to photos of some of the others in my collection.
- ► 2014 (57)
- Fairy lights turn our bedroom into a romantic hide...
- Sunday again already
- Better than chips: spicy roast chick peas
- Lovely visit to Kiama markets on a sunny Sunday
- Cashew and coconut curry: failed recipe
- And my neighbour says, "What are you trying to do,...
- Eggplant in pyjamas - eggplant parmagiana
- Rye bread rolls
- Day seven: end of a wonderful week off
- Day six - cooking up a storm part 2: banana muffin...
- Bird's nest
- Op shop finds: vintage linens
- Day four: freezing cold and raining, hmm let's sta...
- Day three cooking up a storm: spinach and mushroom...
- Divine sweet potato peanut soup
- Herbs for chicken health
- Day one of my homespun bliss week: where do I star...
- Homespun bliss for one whole week - follow my week...
- Quesadilla with guacamole for lunch
- ▼ August (19)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (68)