Saturday, August 10, 2013

Bird's nest

I found yet another, stunning bird's nest this week.

It was lying to the side of the road when I walked the dogs. It looked like a clump of cut, dried grass. It caught my eye for some reason and I wondered. I almost kept going, but I felt drawn to check.
Oh, it is so delicate. Just cut, dried grass wound around and around.

It is delicate and divine.


Somewhere along the line I have developed a knack for finding them. I think this makes 7 or 8. I would like to display them one day. I have a glass case with tiny turned timber pedestals in mind.  In the meantime they are in plastic boxes to keep them safe.

Here's a link, and another to photos of some of the others in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive