One of my favourite meals, but I don't make it very often. We had this for dinner last night and I had left overs for lunch, which was even better.
Mozarella or boccocini cheese
Oregano and basil
Slice the eggplant into scant 1cm slices. Cut ends off zucchini, cut in half. Cut each half into thin slices lengthwise until you have thin strips. Steam both vegetables until soft.
Mix ricotta, breadcrumbs and herbs together in a bowl and set aside.
Spray shallow baking tray with cooking oil. Pour in a small amount of tomato puree. Place the largest eggplant slices in the bottom of the tray - 1 slice per serve being prepared.
Top eggplant slice with ricotta mix, zucchini slices, tomato and a small amount of mozzarella. Repeat until all finished. Gently push down on top slice to compact.
Add more mozzarella to the top of the stack. Back in a moderate oven all vegetables are cooked through and the cheese is bubbling on top. This may take longer than you expect, and depends on how long you have pre-steamed the vegies for.
Serve with fresh basil. Yummy!!!
- ► 2014 (57)
- Fairy lights turn our bedroom into a romantic hide...
- Sunday again already
- Better than chips: spicy roast chick peas
- Lovely visit to Kiama markets on a sunny Sunday
- Cashew and coconut curry: failed recipe
- And my neighbour says, "What are you trying to do,...
- Eggplant in pyjamas - eggplant parmagiana
- Rye bread rolls
- Day seven: end of a wonderful week off
- Day six - cooking up a storm part 2: banana muffin...
- Bird's nest
- Op shop finds: vintage linens
- Day four: freezing cold and raining, hmm let's sta...
- Day three cooking up a storm: spinach and mushroom...
- Divine sweet potato peanut soup
- Herbs for chicken health
- Day one of my homespun bliss week: where do I star...
- Homespun bliss for one whole week - follow my week...
- Quesadilla with guacamole for lunch
- ▼ August (19)
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (68)